April 22, 2009

Part 1 of the plan- Ricky Rubio is coming to the NBA


So, it turns out that Ricky Rubio, 18 year old basketball prodigy/current box member, has decided to ENTER THE JUNE 2009 NBA DRAFT! Oh, I'm not freaking out at all!!! This means that phase 1 of my plan can now officially be put into action. He's going to be a high draft pick and has a $7.8 million buyout clause which means he will probably not be coming to the Jazz, but no matter because that means I can still see him once a year :D

Some exerts from the FOX Sports news article:

"Spanish teenager Ricky Rubio has entered June's NBA Draft."

"I'm going into the draft because I've been told that I'll go high. That's why I've entered," Rubio said on Tuesday. "No basketball player can say no to a high draft spot. That reassures you going over there, the security that your name is recognized."
You know it RR, I'll definitely recognize you!

9 comments:

senorita.blue said...

I'd say Jazz Jazz Jazz!!
Come on RR - you know it - all that jazz that you can't resist :D

Stephanie said...

Unfortunately it is not entirely up to him which team drafts him and I doubt it will be Utah, but at some point, whatever team he goes to will play Utah at home and that's good enough for me!

Vanilla Bear said...

Can you translate this so I can understand? What is a June draft? Sounds like summer beer

Stephanie said...

draft-a selecting or drawing of new players from a choice group of amateur players by professional teams. a system of selecting new players so that each team in a professional league receives some of the most promising players.

Jun draft- Sports. a selecting or drawing of new players from a choice group of amateur players by professional teams that takes place in June.

Stephanie said...

*June

Vanilla Bear said...

RR is an amateur? That's not what your dream implied! ;)

Stephanie said...

OMG, I am this | | close to deleting that comment, this blog is public. Don't divulge my secret dreams :O

Vanilla Bear said...

You love it.

Sarah said...

Ooh exciting!