May 18, 2009

Actual important football news!

So, Claudio Ranieri, professional moron, has officially been sacked as Juventus's head coach. This is so good. We haven't had a win in over 2 months, this is just too sad and it's about time he's let go. Obviously he wasn't fired soon enough and it's far to late to salvage our season, but it's okay because they brought in none other than Ciro Ferrara! Ciro Ferrara is legend and I can't really think of a better man for the job. He's played with the older players and he's coached the younger ones so he knows this team inside out. I believe he can do for Juve what Pep Guardiola has done for Barcelona. This might come back to haunt me, but after the horrible season that Juve have had and especially after the past few months, this is a step in the right direction for the club. This is the Juve board directors first step toward redemption and I welcome Ciro with open arms!

From the Juventus official site:
"From today, the first team will be handed over, and guided by Ciro Ferrara. Juventus would like to thank Claudio Ranieri for the work he has done in these two years.

We would like to wish new coach Ciro Ferrara well for immediate success."
Ciro then followed with a press conference:
"My intention is to see a different Juve. I know I have little time and that I must intervene but I can’t change a team completely in these two weeks. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be more precise with regards to details. Apart from the technical, tactical and physical aspect of the role I think I will have to work on other things. I think I will have to show the players the difficult time the club is going through. Sometimes little details are necessary to make big changes. I think the problem is not the scarce physical condition but that the players must find the right motivation for these two matches"

"It is clear that it is difficult to judge me technically since I have two weeks to work. I will try to work well and try to bring out the players’ capabilities even because I know them. Since I took on the managerial post I have put my footballer days behind me. I want to be judged on the work that I will do as coach from now on. I felt obliged to give my contribution and do not fear risking in this strange moment"
He ended the conference on this sentiment:
"At this moment we really need the supporters to reach a difficult objective that is the direct qualification to the Champions League and therefore we have to work together"
I'm ready to start believing again-
FORZA JUVE

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

He looks French! No wonder you like him ;)