July 14, 2009

Death Smiles at us All

So, as you can tell, I have returned from my blogging break and I am going to do it in glorious fashion.

Vanilla Bear made me watch Gladiator. I told her I had seen it once (when I was about 10ish) and had a very traumatic experience with it (mostly because I was 10ish). She was trying to convince me that her thing for Russell Crowe in movies was justified and that I just didn't get it because I hadn't watched Gladiator "as a woman." Today, I decided to change that and watch the movie in all my feminine glory and see if it changed my opinion about Russell Crowe being an excusable crush. Well, long story short- it didn't! However, I did come up with a list as to why Vanilla Bear loves this movie so much as and then a list of why I really liked it as well:

Why Vanilla Bear loved Gladiator (in no particular order):
1- It had men in practically nothing but a cloth. Their bulges are also highly visible.
2-It had a nice closeup of ASS and Vanilla Bear, as we know now, is like Larry David and has an ASS fetish.3-It showed giraffes that really served no purpose. It was only a few seconds long, but VB can't get enough of giraffes.4-There are lots of old guys in this movie and VB could really use some of her old man skillz to flatter them.5-There are lots of penis shaped structures through-out the colloseum and we all know that VB is all fond of the peen.6-Russell Crowe is all dramatic. Vanilla Bear loves her heroes (thus the constant disney references) and we all know she can't resist a good hero!

Reasons why I like Gladiator:

1-Commodus- He was my absolute favorite. It's kind of common knowledge that I like my characters weird and twisted and he is about as psycho as they come. My favorite scene is when he is laughing during the gladiator fight. You can see how nutters he is and it's really great. He also dressed well throughout the film- I'm a sucker for a good dresser.
Out of his mind^
Dressed well ^

I also absolutely loved it when he died at the end. Even being killed you could see how mental he was. His facial expression was ace. Joaquin Phoenix in this is so good.2-The aesthetics. I love the visuals. The costumes, the granduer- everything about it was so good.
3-This helmet is Badass!

3 comments:

Venice said...

Oh wow. wow wow wow wow wow.


bfbdhbvoreFj vč

!!!!!!!!


Thank you so much Steph.

IDEK....

Vanilla Bear said...

Just :O

The pic of Russell there is muy bien Steph, I am surprised you didn't cave to his manliness but you are still young. Wait until you reach true womanhood, that's when I watched Gladiator with new eyes *nods knowingly*

Anyway lmaoo the giraffes and ASS, I think you know me too well, should I be worried? :P

blank said...

LMAO

i love joaquin in this movie so much.