December 10, 2008

Do you know how I know that I listen to good music?

When people ask me what kind of music I listen too, I simply state that I enjoy good music. People normally think this is a simple matter of opinion, but alas I have now been vindicated by none other than Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone has compiled a list of their top 50 albums of the year. While I think most of this list is merely nonsense (The Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift?! Really?... I mean seriously, you can't be serious! No matter.) I do own 13 albums from it. Below is the complete list and highlighted in red are the ones I own.

1. TV on the Radio: Dear Science

2. Bob Dylan: Tell Tale Signs — The Bootleg Series Vol. 8

3. Lil Wayne: Tha Carter III

4. My Morning Jacket: Evil Urges

5. John Mellencamp: Life, Death, Love and Freedom

6. Santogold: Santogold

7. Coldplay: Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

8. Beck: Modern Guilt

9. Metallica: Death Magnetic

10. Vampire Weekend: Vampire Weekend

11. Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes

12. Guns n' Roses: Chinese Democracy

13. Blitzen Trapper: Furr

14. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: Cardinology

15. The Black Keys: Attack & Release

16. Randy Newman: Harps and Angels

17. B.B. King: One Kind Favor

18. Lucinda Williams: Little Honey

19. Erykah Badu: New Amerykah: Part 1 (4th World War)

20. Kings of Leon: Only by the Night

21. Kaiser Chiefs: Off With Their Heads

22. Jackson Browne: Time the Conquerer

23. Conor Oberst: Conor Oberst

24. Girl Talk: Feed the Animals

25. The Magnetic Fields: Distortion

26. Mudcrutch: Mudcrutch

27. Brian Wilson: That Lucky Old Sun

28. The Knux: Remind Me in Three Days…

29. Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago

30. Duffy: Rockferry

31. MGMT: Oracular Spectacular

32. Jamey Johnson: The Lonesome Song

33. Ne-Yo: Year of the Gentleman

34. Stephen Malkmus: Real Emotional Trash

35. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!

36. The Hold Steady: Stay Positive

37. Nine Inch Nails: The Slip

38. Ra Ra Riot: The Rhumb Line

39. Taylor Swift: Fearless

40. Jonas Brothers: A Little Bit Longer

41. AC/DC: Black Ice

42. David Byrne and Brian Eno: Everything That Happens Will Happen Today

43. Nas: Untitled

44. The Raconteurs: Consolers of the Lonely

45. Be Your Own Pet: Get Awkward

46. The Academy Is…: Fast Times at Barrington High

47. Of Montreal: Skeletal Lamping

48. Raphael Saadiq: The Way I See It

49. Hot Chip: Made in the Dark

50. No Age: Nouns

4 comments:

blank said...

OMG SOS. what are you saying? JONas Bro. RULE!!! where is miley?!
but i have to just vent at rolling stone for a second. why ne-yo?! i can not deal with ne-yo. i don't know what exactly it is about his music, but it makes me want to pull a van gogh.

anways look at you being all rolling stone hip! i only have the mgmt album.

Venice said...

I was at a Conor Oberst gig about 2 months ago. I had no idea it was a big deal like that.

Gina Villamelon said...

I haven't even heard of some of these albums :S
*is clearly a terrible music fan*

Vanilla Bear said...

I only have the Coldplay album :S And have barely heard of the others. I don't even think my musical taste is that bad, what happened? I swear I used to be ahead of the curve... *scratches head*