March 29, 2009

A day in the life

I'm not feeling particularly inspired with blogging lately so I thought I would just do a recap of my day yesterday.

  • I woke up at about 8:00 am and played Fishdom for about 2 hours until I beat it.
  • I then got online and ended up watching 11 footie games, either wholly or partially for about hours. I LOVE INTERNATIONALS so much and I couldn't resist watching as many as possible. I watched; Wales/Finland, Russia/Azerbaijan, Israel/Greece, England/Slovakia, Germany/Liechtenstein, Spain/Turkey, Italy/Montenegro, Netherlands/Scotland, Argentina/Venezuela, Mexico/Costa Rica and USA/El Salvador.
  • Imbetween all of the games, I decided to drink about a pot of coffee and got a major major caffeine high and then came down and that was not fun at all.
  • Then I watched Jazz take on Phoenix. This was one of the most bizzare/ridiculous/dumb/frusterating.... games in forever. The refs were so dumb. After the Jazz had won 103-99 they decided that they needed to add anther 0.3 of a second to the clock and make them play it which was pointless, but it let the Jazz actually end up winning 104-99 so meh. It's kind of sad though as it's pretty much assured the Suns won't be in the finals, but such is life. Jazz for the win.
  • I then decided to organize my iTunes library which is still a bit jumbled.
  • At about 11:00pm it was bed time for me. Overall a pretty productive day... Anyways- here are some things from the games I watched that I feel the need to point out-
~Utah pwned the Suns. I'm just happy about it~The Engerland National team kits are horrible. I know it's supposed to be like some throwback to 1966 or whatever, but it just seems they were lazy to me. Seriously, no thought went into this "design." It's like, hmm, well- I want to go home, let's just stitch a three lions logo onto this polo shirt and call it a day.
~The Russia kits, I don't even know what to say. I kind of like them, but the zipper collar is throwning me off.
~Papa Kun and bebe Aguero! I'm not one to swoon over babies, so I'm not going to. I just think this is a great pic.Uefa and time zones decided to confuse me and sadly I missed pretty much all of the Italy game :( Two very strange things occured during this game though, that I feel is important to point out; 1) Canna got carded! I didn't see it and I dont' know what he did, but he got a card. To bad he couldn't flirt his way out of it, I love it when he does that. 2) At the end of the game, Canna did NOT remove his shirt. I was shocked. He always strips at like every possible opportunity. I didn't even know what to do- I felt kind of bad though because he left the pitch looking all disappointed, but I dont' know why since Italy won?
~I was streaming the Argentina/Venezuela game and this ad was above it the whole time and for like the first 20 minutes it was hilarious, but it kept moving and by the end it was really pissing me off!

2 comments:

mallymoodle said...

The England kits look like a cricket uniform

Vanilla Bear said...

Out of this whole post, the Simon advert at the bottom made me lol the most even though you already showed me! Hahaha! Slap Simon!

The England kit is simple, yes, but awesome. I don't think it's a throw back to '66 but it's definitely meant to take the focus away from the flashiness of the modern game and focus on what's important - the three lions :D I think it's great. Fabcap was totally behind it, I'm convinced.