March 06, 2009

Once again vindicated by science

A study was done with SAT scores and teenagers favorite music. It turns out that all the times I harassed Semisi and told him he listened to stupid music, that I was right. Science is awesome and it once again proves that I listen to at least smarter music than the average. I had a conversation with Sarah once about smart music and I guess this is what we meant, now I know.

Apparently, Lil Wayne fans are amongst the dumbest people around, but I didn't necessarily need a study to make me aware of this. I guess it's important to remember that this is a study of correlation and not causation, but all the same. The "dumbest" bands I listen to would be The All American Rejects and Fall Out Boy I suppose, but for the most part, I listen to pretty smart music.

Take a look for yourself and see how you rate. I took the chart and highlighted all of the artists currently in my iTunes library. The farther left they are, the lower the people who liked them scored on their SAT's.

The chart highlighted with the artists I listen to. (click here for the unvandalized version) You have to click it to embiggen it and make it not so blurry.

4 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

I must be smart, I love Sufjan and Counting Crows and all the others you put a ring around, except your 'dumb' bands :P jk! <3

What is with Foo Fighters scoring so low? booo I always knew they were too mainstream!

blank said...

I just saw one tiny problem, Hinder is placed to high bc anybody who can handle that clearly doesnt have working brain cells.

Venice said...

Wow this is very amusing!
So really, people who listen to U2 are smarter than people who listen to Beck? Is U2 smarter music than Beck? Or David Bowie? Or Pink Floyd? LMAO

So smartasses like Beethoven, how predictable.

senorita.blue said...

Interesting study!
Great find, Caramel Bear :D

But... John Legend scores lower than Norah Jones?
I like both of them... but if I try to study with Norah Jones playing in the background, I'll opt for my pillows instead of my books.