February 15, 2009

Blog Challenge: Music Specialty Genre

I am so late on this.

We all have different music genre's that we know specifically about. It has been decided that mine is Emo. I personally call it alt-___ (punk, rock, whatever) but emo is the title I'm going to use for it even though most of the bands I'm going to discuss really hate that label.

Anyways, my specialty starts circa 2004 and goes through the present. I know there are songs you incorporate or would be more popular for these bands, but this is my blog, I am choosing the songs.

My first one kind of set off the trend:

The Killers- Somebody Told Me

Then came Fall Out Boy with Sugar, We're Going Down. I should use that song, but FOB doesn't care and neither do I so I Don't Care is going to be my song choice. This video also kind of makes me laugh.

Panic! at the Disco of course are a staple to this genre and I Write Sins Not Tragedies is a fave of theirs.

Cobra Starship- Snakes on A Plane
This song is just so amazing on so many different levels

The Academy Is... - Everything We Had

Of course you can't speak of Emo without mentioning Bright Eyes and Conor Oberst. This video is one of my favorites. So many inside things and just the amazingness of writing backwards. Easy/Lucky/Free

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aww emo is fun! I can't get over Conor's backwards writing, that's so freaky and cool at the same time!