November 28, 2008

Black Friday- It's more than soul crushing

Today is Black Friday. This is something I'm sure every American knows about and probably absolutely hates. For all the people who do not call the States home, let me explain. Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving. It is the single biggest shopping day in the entire US the entire year. People camp outside of shops just to get there when the doors open at 5am for great deals on absolutely everything. I never shop on Black Friday because when the point comes that I am spending over an hour in line and competing for the item I want/need just to save a few bucks, I think I really need to evaluate the quality of my life. I however was forced to go out into the world of crazy shoppers today and it's not something I feel I want to talk about. Instead I present to you, some memorable, crazy Black Friday videos. Seriously, this is what we have come to to save a little bit of cash, it's insanity! (also, just more proof Walmart is evil and needs to implode)



The employees at Best Buy have the right idea (more proof Best Buy is where it's at ;) )

4 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

LOL at the last video! I kinda imagined BBG as the one filming it! That sale sounds mad though, who could be bothered to queue?? I think the closest ones we have are the January 1st sales, it prob gets pretty bad up in London, like Oxford Street or something, but nothing like that I don't think!

blank said...

I absolutely did not laugh at that poor lady's wig getting knocked off.

Obviously BB video wins! There were just too many good things happening to even comment. Luckily, the youtubers have done it for me.

the jokers:
"i waited in line today since 10 pm. i killed a bottle of jack with a buddy before they opened and passed out outside. when i woke up everyone was inside and i forgot what i went there to get."

"that dude in the leather coat looked like he was going to rob the place!"

"damn, tammy has a big badunkadunk"

and then always that one person that just takes everything serious:
"are bestbuy black friday deals better than circutcity??"

Sarah said...

I'm so glad I am always in Connecticut for Black Friday. I have never been to a store on that day and I hope never to do so in the future.

Venice said...

My brother had told me about this before, but nothing could prepare me for such madness.... O.O