November 15, 2008

Blog Challenge: Favorite and least favorite words

Procrastination FTW! So this is my current list of my top ten favorite words in no particular order. I don't know why I like them, but I do. Very much so in fact!
  • nonchalant: coolly unconcerned, indifferent, or unexcited
  • nuisance: One that is inconvenient, annoying, or vexatious; a bother
  • zeitgeist: the spirit of the time; general trend of thought or feeling characteristic of a particular period of time.
  • discombobulate: to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate
  • bamboozle: to deceive or get the better of (someone) by trickery, flattery, or the like
  • follicle: a small cavity, sac, or gland.
  • orifice: an opening or aperture, as of a tube or pipe
  • shenanigans: a mischievous or deceitful trick, practice, etc.
  • palindrome: a word, line, verse, number, sentence, etc., reading the same backward as forward
  • flabbergasted: To cause to be overcome with astonishment; astound.
On the opposite end are a few of my least favorite words. These are words that when used I really truly cannot stand. Again, I don't know what it is about these words, but I just hate them!
  • horny
  • lover
  • reckon
All definitions from Dictionary.com

5 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Ewww sac, how gross sounding is that word? :(

I like horny and lover though, and use reckon all the time as you know ;) hehe

This blog challenge has turned out to be a fun one!

Sarah said...

Shenanigans is a fantastic word! I'm not a fan of orifice though.

mallymoodle said...

Orifice.
Interesting word by sound but it always makes me think of nostrils and other bodily....orifices.

Venice said...

Orifice reminds me of back orifice, not the particular one that you think of but the Trojan app that used to be very much widespread when I was still a n00b on the Internet, a looooong time ago.

Also, you don't like horny? Was that Bojan's idea? ;-D j/k

blank said...

I reckon lovers get up to many orifice shenanigans. yup, i went there.