November 22, 2008

I know you probably don't care

I know that really no one outside of Utah really cares about this and in the large scale neither do I, but this is important for one single reason and that reason of course is bragging rights!

The Holy War took place today and thus all of Utah basically shut down for about 4 hours. University of Utah vs. Brigham Young University is like the biggest rivalry in the state. Whether or not you have gone to either school, you have a side and you root for them. UofU are definitely the superior team and for many reasons they are also my team, the main reason being they are sometimes the school I go to and I plan to go to.

Anyways, UofU won 48-24 and therefore I have bragging rights for the next year until we beat BYU again. This also means that the University of Utah football team are now offically this years Mountain West Conference Champions. Congrats to the Utes!

4 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Bragging rights are so important - well done for backing the winners again Steph :D

Sarah said...

Woo, go Utes! Our big game is next weekend, VT vs UVA. We pretty much win every year too. And this year the winning team also wins the ACC so it's a big deal!

Venice said...

Wow look at how many people are there O.O

Stephanie said...

It's a HUGE deal here V, tickets go for as much as $1,600.00!