November 09, 2008

Moving to the top of my Netflix queue

I was going thru my mother's documents and in my folder out fell the following sticker:















Willow Ufgood looks kind, but also like he can be intense. I wasn't even alive when this movie came out thus me missing it, but it looks mind blowing so I went to Wiki and did some research:

"A young farmer named Willow Ufgood, one of a hobbit-like people called Nelwyns, is drawn away from his sheltered home to save Elora Danan (a baby girl with a destiny) from the evil Queen Bavmorda who would see her destroyed.

Willow is aided by the disillusioned master swordsman Madmartigan, who has turned to a life of roguery, sorceress Fin Raziel, who has been turned into a possum by Bavmorda, as well as two diminutive brownies Franjean and Rool. They are initially thwarted, but later joined, by the queen's daughter Sorsha. As their journey continues, they face troubles and hardships beyond what any of them had imagined. Through it all, they find love, friendship, and wisdom. In the end we learn that the people we would never suspect are sometimes the bravest of all."

I don't know what you think, but this sounds like my kind of film!

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

LOL! I've never heard of it! But Rool?? Turning into possums? Brownies? LMAO!

blank said...

You had me at Willow Ufgood, the fact that there is so much other awesomeness is icing on the hobbit-like cake. I really hope they have more the one copy of this at Netflix HQ, bc i'm adding it to my queue stat!

Sarah said...

Hahahaha, strangely enough I have actually seen this movie. Well parts of it, when it was on TV once.

And let me tell you, it is fantastic. It really is your kind of film Steph, I'm sure you will love it.