October 15, 2008

Down with Pep- Mes Que Un Club Part 1/2

Oh Pep, how you had me at hello. Your charming smile, your rugged good looks, your well fitted jeans and nifty sweater vests, but alas, I was fooled! I overlooked the fact that you were a former Barca player and were now managing them and trying to defeat Real Madrid because you were hot (and Spanish)! You are not the manager I once believed you to be. Down with Pep Guardiola!

Last season in La Liga, FC Barcelona were off to a great start, but it was not to be as they slowly crashed and burned in the most glorious of ways! This was the end of the Frank Rijkaard era. There was a debate over who would become the new coach of Barcugh and when time came, the board made a shockingly pleasant choice. They passed on The Special One for a (what I thought at the time) better looking, but less experienced coach. They chose Pep who at the time, was the technico of the mediocre Barcugh B team. As preseason went, all was looking good for Pep. He was winning in a convincing way, even without team star and Fraggle impersonator Lionel Messi.

Pep was atop my hot managers list and was even ushered past the red velvet ropes into my Hot Hall of Fame! All was looking up for my future with Pep, now a regular part of my footie world....

Then, he made it personal!

Bojan Krkic is smoking hot, but more importantly (I guess) he is an incredible footballer! He was the standout player for Barcugh during his debut season despite him only being 17 at the time. He was the one stand out player for Barcugh in a team filled with world class names that any footie fan would recognize. He outshined Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o, Leo Messi, Thierry Henry and more! He even broke Raul's record for most goals in a debut season by netting the ball a total of 10 times! He got plenty of playing time under Rijkaard and quickly turned into a fan favorite, but more importantly, he turned into my favorite!

Even during preseason, Bojan was mostly used as a sub, but I thought nothing of it. Maybe it was a formality for him being so young, maybe they didn't want to pressure him too much and it was preseason, so again, nothing was made of it. When the season came though, Bojan was seen on the bench at the start of every game! Not one start! This was incredible to me. Barcugh needed goals, Bojan can score goals- seemed pretty simple! Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed Barcugh losing and all, but Bojan was not succeeding and that made me sad. Even him looking incredibly good in the ugliness that is the new Barcugh jersey's and him becoming one of the youngest players to ever debut for Spain's national team couldn't get him a spot in the starting 11. Then it was revealed that this might be due to a personal issue that Pep had with Bojan moving on with his career. I don't know all the details or even how much it is true, but the point is that Bojan's lack of playing time is all Pep's doing and that is not okay.

4 comments:

Gina Villamelon said...

Boo to Pep. *fills in application form to join DWP*
It makes me sad that his stupidness makes Steph sad. If you want to win stuff, Bojan NEEDS to play. Well, actually, can Bojan play without the 'winning stuff' part...not too keen on Barcugh personally. Just play the cutie, and I'm happy.

Sarah said...

I'm staying neutral in this disagreement. Cesc likes both Pep and Bojan, and so do I.

Vanilla Bear said...

I have gone of Pep and it's not even because of Bojan.. it's just because he's simply not as delish as we once thought! I'm not into men who age prematurely *looks at Iker* Pep you look older than 36! DWP!

blank said...

meeesssi!!

but yeah DWP, im so glad to have gone off him too. it's not fun liking people associated with barcugh and there are still too many bojan, tit, caceres, even mr. hleb a bit :S