October 26, 2008

You know how when you really want something.....

This week was a really good week in footie! I don't do match reviews because they would be something along the lines of "yeah, the game was really good, some parts were really exciting and then there was a rough tackle......" and it would just be an absolute mess. Anyways, the good week started off with Champions League.

It was Juventus and Madrid and both teams own my heart and it was absolute torture for me to have to root against one or take a side, but I decided it fair to cheer for Juventus during their home game for Real Madrid when they play at the Bernabeu. I was torn and super nervous the whole game and I actually don't mind who wins the group as long as Juventus and Real Madrid both move onto the knock out rounds. Anyways, this game wasn't good because Juve won, it was good because it was Juventus's return back to form. They were really struggling and the game against Real Madrid showed they still had it!

Next was the Derby della Molle (Turin Derby). This was an exciting game and Juve won it 1-0! It's been a while since their last victory and this one was really well deserved.

Then Villareal played and I guess if I didn't support Real Madrid I would support them. They were playing Atletico Madrid so I of course preferred Villareal to be the victors in that match, but it was not to be. The game ended in a draw 4-4. This wasn't bad though! The game was really thrilling with fights and red card dramz! Guiseppe Rossi also scored and had an assist which means mucho puntos for my La Liga Fantasy Football team!

Arsenal also won their game against West Ham 2-0! I'm not big on the EPL and I don't follow it too much, but I guess I support Arsenal over all of the other teams so this made me happy as well!

Last and certainly not least was the Real Madrid and Athletic Club Bilbao game. There was lots of pre game drama with Schuster not playing The Ramos because of some comments he made to the press and all that and the game was tense! There was lots of good fights and card dramz and all that fun stuff, but also some bad stuff like an penalty given to Bilbao and all that, but Real Madrid pulled off a defeat 3-2 so all was well!

On the downside, three Juventus players got injured during Sunday mornings training session. Paolo De Ceglie suffered a distortion of the ankle :'( , Zdenek Grygera has a contracture in his left thigh muscle and Hasan Salihamidzic is having some pains in his left achilles. Juventus already has quite the list of injured players and definitely didn't need anymore to worry about. It's so tragic and the team is suffering because of it. Normally I would be devastated by this news, but something really really good happened....

You know how when you really really want something and it seems like it is never ever going to happen, and you lose all faith. It's almost like the grief process: you first deny that it won't happen, then you get angry that it hasn't happened. After this, you begin to bargain so that it will happen and when after all the bargaining fails, you enter the depression phase. This is the darkest of the stages, but finally it is over and you have come to accept that what you want to happen, just simply isn't. It's like a weight is lifted, because no matter how much you want that thing to happen, you have come to terms that it is okay that it doesn't. I had recently come to the 'acceptance' phase in my wanting of a shirtless pic of Paolo. I searched high and low, left, right and center, but it was there was not one to be found. Then, something spectactular happened and it came thru a Google Alert (as most good things have been lately!)

I got a link to a story about Juve's injuries (no that is NOT the good thing). The story was on a Juventus fan blog and I went to read up. On the sidebar of that blog was the video of the week, I was intrigued so I clicked play! This is one of the best decisions of my life for within that video was not only the entire Juve team shirtless in the locker room, but there was also shirtless Paolo! I was so happy and didn't think it could get any better, but it did. In that video you can hear Paolo kind of mumbling in the background and he has a proper deep tall guy voice. This was a nice suprise after the let down that was Ricky Rubio's voice. Sorry this post is really long, so to reward you for reading it all, please enjoy the Juve locker room. The one part of this video I did not like is the guy with the plumbers crack and when I rewatched to find out who it was, it was of course Molinaro! As if I needed yet another reason to dislike him! Special notice at around 1:11 on the left ;)

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

Wow Steph! A good week for you then!

First - Juve locker room video = good naked times!

Second - 4-4 draw, how awesome. I didn't watch the game but you rarely get scorelines like that in the EPL, which is one of the reasons why La Liga appeals so much to me!

Last - I'm so glad after all this time you were finally delivered shirtless Paolo by the internet fairies :D I hope it was screencapped...