October 05, 2008

This Weeks Footie In Review

Not very good. That sentence is not only incomplete, it describes this weekend in footie. It started on Saturday when Barca won. Being a Real Madrid fan I want Barcugh to lose as often as possible. What made it worse is Pep Guardiola (Down with Pep) once again didn't start Bojan! If Barcugh insist on winning they could at least win with Bojan starting and possibly scoring a goal (I need muchos puntos for my fantasy football team.) The final score was 6-1 Barcugh, you think one of those could have at least been a Bojan goal!

Then came Juventus's first loss of the season. They haven't been doing as well as I expect, they drew the two games from the previous weeks and then they lose 2-1, but not only do they lose, they of course lose to Palermo! This is a team they should have owned, but that was too complicated for them.

Finally was the Real Madrid match against Espanyol. Espanyol is the lesser cared about team from Catalonia. The outlook of this game looked bleak for Espanyol having come out as the losers last week in a very exciting and tense Catalan Derby. Real Madrid had come off of a midweek win in the Champions League and all was in order for a victory, or so I was led to believe. Madrid drew 2-2 after playing a very mediocre game. I blame two people for this loss; Gabriele Heinze and Marcello! Heinze gave away the first penalty and his poor defending was what led to the opening for the second. I blame Marcello for recieving a red card last match and being suspended for this match because if he had not been unavailable for the selection, he might have started in Heinze's place.

Normally with results like this, this week in footie would be a complete loss, but there are several positives that made it bearable:
  • Del Piero started for Juve and it looks like he is beginning to play really well again which I'm so excited for!
  • Liverpool beat Man City. I'm not a Liverpool fan, but if it means City loses....
  • I got lots of points for my EPL Fantasy Football team and I am back up to second place!
  • Paolo (De Ceglie) was possibly the best player during the Juve game and he had plenty of camera time which lead to the happiest part of my football filled weekend......
  • Paolo finally has an acceptable haircut!!! Since I have started MNM (Mullets No More, my group to join in the fight against bad hair) hairstyles of ballers (Cesc is of course special and the exception) have just been improving so much!
Not the best pic of him, but it gets the hair point across!



1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

I am enjoying Paolo's bicep definition more than the improved hair in that pic Steph! But still, MNM wins!

And yeah DWP all the way - Boo! Hiss! Play Bojan or suffer the consequences Pep!