October 16, 2008

Product Review: The Bedazzler

I was working on a craft project yesterday and parts of it needed to be sparkly. I had decided to sew some sequins on it in order to achieve this. However, three sequins in I realized that if I wanted this to turn out how I wanted it to, using my mediocre sewing skills was not the way to go. It was in this moment I decided to buy a Bedazzler. I know. You are all suprised that I didn't already own a Bedazzler with my love of shiny things, but it's true! I've also never really had anything to bedazzle. On my way back from downtown I stopped by the craft store and got one.

I got home and didn't immediatly bedazzle anything. I waited until 2am when I was bored and didn't have anything to watch on TV to try my hand at using the Bedazzler. The overall attempt was unseccessful, but I don't blame myself for this: I blame the epic fail that is the Bedazzler!
The Bedazzler is a big piece of plastic mess. It is horrible. First off, the little gems wouldn't stay in the holder so when I went to press the arm down to secure them, they would constantly fall out. This lead to me using it sideways and having to hold it. Then when I went to place the jewel, it didn't secure properly! I could easily remove the jewels from the fabric. This was a major disappointment for several reasons:
  1. I couldn't complete my art project
  2. I am back to sewing on sequins
  3. My life will not be as shiny!
Overall the bedazzler is one epic fail and an immense disappointment!

4 comments:

Gina Villamelon said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear it was a disappointment to you :(
But I hope things improve, and I'm sure your bedazzled things look very pretty anyway!

Vanilla Bear said...

Maybe you need to contact The Ramos for tips on how to use it properly?

blank said...

Oh no! I'm saddened to hear this news. When one sits through a 10 minute long infomercial advertising easily applied shininess that is what one expects to get. Why must everything that looks so good on the outside become an epic failure...

Anonymous said...

Ack - I can't believe the BeDazzler phailed you.

Hope you could get a refund, if not, you know that there is a person would not mind having an extra BeDazzler around ;)