October 17, 2008

Right On, Right Now

I have noticed that a very common question to be asked is "What is your musical guilty pleasure?" or "What would you be embarassed to admit you have on your iPod?" This is a foreign concept to me and I don't know how I would go about answering that. This is mostly because I am not particularly embarrassed by any type of music I listen to or a specific band or anything of the nature. I know that there is music that I am almost embarrassed to admit I like (Fall Out Boy). There is also music that I am certain I should be embarrassed to admit that I like (Mariah Carey), but I'm not embarrassed by it. However I guess if I had to answer that question I guess I would answer it by saying that my musical guilty pleasure is power pop punk.

I'm not embarrassed that I listen to it, what is not so 'cool' is how much I love it and indulge in it. It's silly and has synthesizers and keytars, but I love it! The clothes are mostly bad and the music videos are always cheesy,but it's just too good. I bop around my room to it because it's just so catchy and upbeat. Everytime I'm feeling down I put some on and I feel better. I don't know if I should be embarassed by it, but I'm certainly not and I would like to share a few of my favorite power pop punk songs with you!

Powerspace Right On, Right Now


Cobra Starship Send My Love to the Dance Floor I'll See You In Hell (Hey Mister DJ)


Metro Station Shake It


All Time Low Poppin' Champagne

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

I think the pop punk genre has suffered from popularity (as do most things really).. I mean, I actually loved Blink 182 :D but everything that came afterwards is sub-standard.. but still catchy - indulge in your guilty pleasure Steph ;) why not?

And if it makes you feel better, I also embarrassingly like some Fall Out Boy songs :( and Mariah Carey :D